SCP SCIENCE manufactures automated instruments, analytical equipment, reagents, and certified reference materials for the inorganic analytical chemistry laboratory market. We bring to our customers specialized products for atomic spectroscopy. Products include sample preparation robotics, microwave digestion systems, specialized glassware for the atomic spectroscopy market, ICP, XRF and atomic absorption supplies, and certified reference materials.
SCP SCIENCE has an R&D and Engineering department consisting of mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, researchers, and technicians. The team continually designs and improves numerous automated robotic systems for sample digestion, sample preparation, and measurement.
Please watch our corporate video for an inside look at our manufacturing facility:
SCP SCIENCE is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for the mechanical aspects of microwave digestion systems, and/or automated sample preparation and measurement systems.
Reports to: R&D Manager
Place of work: Baie d’Urfé (Montréal), Québec, Canada
- Designing and creation of products using SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Pro-E or other 3D drawing software (in accordance with engineering design requirements);
- Review and validation of drawings and designs;
- Creating detailed component and assembly drawings;
- Supervision and direct participation in the construction of prototypes / mechanical devices;
- Improvement of existing products;
- Preparation and maintenance of technical documentation, including specifications, reports and manuals.
- Other tasks, as required.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- University graduate in mechanical engineering;
- Proficiency in the use of computer-aided design applications (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and Pro-E software); good knowledge of tolerance calculations;
- Good knowledge of materials and fabrication processes;
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills;
- Fluency with both Imperial and Metric measurements systems;
- Hands-on approach to building prototypes;
- Able to do mechanical calculations for different aspects of product component design and evaluation;
- Ability to communicate design ideas and solutions clearly and concisely;
- Bring forward new ideas and solutions to existing problems.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a wide range of technical tasks;
- Able to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Technical writing skills, excellent written English;
- Experience with plastic forming and mold design is an important asset.
Please Contact: Human Resources Department
To apply, please send us your CV:
- Fax: (514) 457-4499
- Email: email@example.com