Founded in 1980, SCP SCIENCE is a successful privately owned manufacturer and distributor of analytical equipment, supplies, reagents and certified reference materials for the inorganic analytical laboratories market.
The company has grown substantially in recent years through internal and contracted manufacturing, acquisition, and expansion of its sales distribution network around the world.
SCP SCIENCE is currently seeking a Technical Sales Representative based in Ontario ideally located in the Toronto area. The successful candidate will be responsible for a territory consisting of Eastern, Northern and Central Ontario.
- Maintain an existing territory by supporting customers via telephone and occasional territory visits;
- Determine customer needs and identify appropriate products to meet those needs;
- Actively seek and pursue new customers;
- Generate new leads and aggressively follow up to generate new business;
- Ensure top customer service as the customer advocate within the company;
- Answer customer inquiries and provide information on products and services;
- Maintain prospect and client database;
- Attend trade shows, exhibits, sales meetings, conferences, as required;
- Continuously upgrade knowledge of products, customers, sales techniques;
- Provide market intelligence to management and colleagues.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Chemistry degree or equivalent;
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar position;
- English is essential; an additional language would be an asset;
- Experienced professional with an excellent client approach;
- Organized, enthusiastic, able to prioritize and deliver results;
- Able to find creative solutions to client’s problems;
- Able to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Strong work ethic and motivation to work hard;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
To apply, please send your CV to:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Fax: 514-457-4499