Founded in 1980, SCP SCIENCE manufactures automated instruments, analytical equipment, reagents, and certified reference materials for the inorganic analytical chemistry laboratory market.
The company has grown substantially in recent years through internal and contracted manufacturing, acquisition, and expansion of its sales distribution network around the world.
Take a look at our corporate video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEGifA8g6S0&t=0s
SCP SCIENCE is currently seeking a Product Specialist to join our Super Marketing department.
Reports to: President
Place of work: Baie D'Urfe (Montreal), Quebec
In general: Product Champion, Research, Production implementation, Marketing, Sales growth, Sales support, Brand development
- Champion of SCP SCIENCE manufactured products by:
- Guiding company products and sales in the planned direction;
- Product creation and application development;
- Review new product ideas – look out for new products, create ideas, review submissions, work with knowledgeable staff.
- Responsible for the development of new products under his/her responsibility:
- These responsibilities include sourcing components, working with Production to establish cost effective production methods and with QC to develop QC standards.
- Sales Growth & Support – Internal & Distributor:
- Sales visits as “Expert”;
- Internal, Distributor and Customer Training, where applicable;
- Create seminars around products and their applications;
- Organize and participate in shows, seminars and exhibits.
- Sales/Purchases – OEM:
- Seek out sales opportunities with OEM’s and obtain the business;
- Maintain relationships with OEM’s;
- Search for, and interface with, 3rd party manufacturers to create or adapt products for SCP SCIENCE through Private Label Agreements.
- Monitor Competitors’ information;
- Be the internal reference;
- Cross referencing products to OEM and competition;
- Develop competitive arguments for sales departments.
- Top level budgeting;
- Recommendations for stock levels & monitoring same;
- Develop pricing strategies in different markets;
- With Marketing Support Group, be responsible for the creation of new literature, newsletter, training material, web content, packaging and promotional ideas.
- Outside Contacts:
- Dialogue with Universities, IRAP, etc for joint projects and funding;
- Through contacts in the R & D and business environment, import ideas for new products into the company, and develop them into saleable products.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Chemistry background & education
- Sales experience in lab products industry preferably in atomic spectroscopy
- Good customer relations
- Network of customer and supplier contacts
- Ability to travel to shows, customers, prospects, and distributors
To apply, please send us your CV:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 514-457-4499