Reports to: President
- Chemistry background or education
- Sales experience in lab products industry preferably in atomic spectroscopy
- Good customer relations
- Network of customer and supplier contacts
- Ability to travel to shows, customers, prospects, and distributors
In general: Product Champion, Research, Production implementation, Marketing, Sales growth, Sales support, Brand development
- Champion of SCP SCIENCE manufactured products by:
- Guiding company products and sales in the planned direction;
- Product creation and application development;
- Review new product ideas – look out for new products, create ideas, review submissions, work with knowledgeable staff.
- Responsible for the development of new products under his/her responsibility:
- These responsibilities include sourcing components, working with Production to establish cost effective production methods and with QC to develop QC standards.
- Sales Growth & Support – Internal & Distributor:
- Sales visits as “Expert”;
- Internal, Distributor and Customer Training, where applicable;
- Create seminars around products and their applications;
- Organize and participate in shows, seminars and exhibits.
- Sales/Purchases – OEM:
- Seek out sales opportunities with OEM’s and obtain the business;
- Maintain relationships with OEM’s;
- Search for, and interface with, 3rd party manufacturers to create or adapt products for SCP SCIENCE through Private Label Agreements.
- Monitor Competitors’ information;
- Be the internal reference;
- Cross referencing products to OEM and competition;
- Develop competitive arguments for sales departments.
- Top level budgeting;
- Recommendations for stock levels & monitoring same;
- Develop pricing strategies in different markets;
- With Marketing Support Group, be responsible for the creation of new literature, newsletter, training material, web content, packaging and promotional ideas.
- Outside Contacts:
- Dialogue with Universities, IRAP, etc for joint projects and funding;
- Through contacts in the R & D and business environment, import ideas for new products into the company, and develop them into saleable products.
Please indicate the Job Reference Number WP-187 in the subject line of your email or fax application.
To apply, please send us your CV at:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 514-457-4499