Founded in 1980, SCP SCIENCE manufactures automated instruments, analytical equipment, reagents, and certified reference materials for the inorganic analytical chemistry laboratory market.
The company has grown substantially in recent years through internal and contracted manufacturing, acquisition, and expansion of its sales distribution network around the world.
Take a look at our corporate video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEGifA8g6S0&t=0s
SCP SCIENCE is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our R&D department:
Reports to: R&D Manager
Place of work: Baie D'Urfe (Montreal), Quebec
- Design instrument and system control.
- Design and implement electronic and electrical circuits, including PCB artworks.
- Develop and test firmware for hardware control.
- Collaborate with other engineers in design and validation of systems / modules.
- Supervision and direct participation in the construction of prototypes / electrical devices.
- Design new products and improve existing ones.
- Preparation and maintenance of technical documentation as per ISO.
- Interact with accredited labs for product certification.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, System Engineering, Engineering Physics or equivalent. A license to practice as an engineer is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in instrumentation and system control.
- Experience with sensors and control loops; Experience with microcontrollers.
- Experience with control firmware development, testing, and debugging in C/C++ programming environment.
- Experience of circuits and PCB design using Eagle or Altium.
- Experience of product UL/CSA/CE certification is an asset.
- Ability to efficiently communicate and understand design ideas and solutions.
- Hands-on approach to building prototypes.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a wide range of technical tasks.
- Attention to detail, good organizational and filing skills.
- Able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Technical writing skills, including excellent written English.
Applications accepted by: