Founded in 1980, SCP SCIENCE manufactures automated instruments, analytical equipment, reagents, and certified reference materials for the inorganic analytical chemistry laboratory market.
The company has grown substantially in recent years through internal and contracted manufacturing, acquisition, and expansion of its sales distribution network around the world.
Take a look at our corporate video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEGifA8g6S0&t=0s
SCP SCIENCE is currently seeking an experienced Machinist who can handle both production and R&D tasks.
Reports to: Production Manager
Place of work: Baie D’urfé (Montréal), Québec, Canada
- Production of parts with precise dimensions using machining equipment such as overhead mill, Lathe, standard and CNC;
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments;
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan the best sequence of operations;
- Provide inspection and preventive maintenance on plant equipment as needed;
- Other tasks, as required.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Skilled in conventional lathe & overhead milling
- Skilled in CNC lathe & milling equipment both in G code & conversational programming.
- High-school completed
- Professional training as a machinist required;
- Fluent in French and English;
- Meticulous, productive, dynamic, able to work with minimal supervision.
To apply, please send us your CV:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax: (514) 457-4499